Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ranking the essays so far.....

Because none of these essays could really identify with what my personal essay is going to revolve around it is hard for me to rank the rest of them after my first choice. My first choice is Jamaica Kincaid's " Biography of a Dress". I chose this essay because it encompasses those small moments in my life that made all the difference in my life and that I remember until this day. The essay gave vivid accounts of her childhood and her relationship with her mother. I want to go into the relationship that I had with my grandmother's and what I am feeling twenty years after my mother's murder. I want to reflect on the good times, the bad times, and how every moment has shaped my life for better or worse. Reflection into personal experiences is the criteria for my essay and I feel as though "Biography of a Dress" provides the best depiction of that, so just in terms of a correlation between the style with which I am going to write this essay and what I hope to accomplish with it "Biography of a Dress" is the best choice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment